ARE YOU READY FOR AND IN-DEPTH AUDIT...
BY THE IRS?
BY THE DOL?
THE IRS AND DOL ARE READY FOR YOU!!
THE IRS HAS A NEW GUIDE FOR EXAMINATION OF MULTIEMPLOYER PLANS.
THE DOL HAS ISSUED ITS INVESTIGATIVE MANUAL.
HOW BETTER TO PREPARE FOR A FULL-BLOWN IRS OR DOL AUDIT THAN TO UNDERGO A COMPLIANCE AUDIT BY AN INDEPENDENT BUT FRIENDLY THIRD PARTY.
UNLIKE THE IRS AND DOL, UAS HAS NO FINES TO ASSESS... ONLY ADVICE TO GIVE!!
Preparing for the Audit...
The Fund Administrator will provide copies of plan documents, booklets, notices, disclosure statements, government filings, and
other requested material to the UAS Research Department for compliance review. The
material will be carefully evaluated prior to an on-site visit.
The On-Site Visit...
A UAS Compliance Examiner will visit on-site to review files, examine administrative practices and procedures and
interview the Fund Administrator and staff. With the IRS and DOL audit guidelines as the focus, the examiner will be verifying that...
After the visit...
- Documents such as SPD's and numerous required health care and pension notices are up-to-date and distributed on time
- Participants going into payment status have been appropriately advised of all rights and options
- Participants are properly credited with all hours to which they are entitled
- Individual benefit payments are properly tested for limitations under IRC 415
- The coverage requirements under IRC 410(b) are satisfied
- Trustee policy statements on delinquent contributions, proxy voting, investment objectives, reciprocal agreements, and allowable expenses are followed
- QDRO's and QMCSO's are properly handled
Following the visit, the Compliance Examiner will submit to the Fund Trustees and Fund Administrator...
For more information about the UAS Compliance Audit Program and to receive a sample contract and fee quotation, please call, fax, or write to:
- A Compliance Audit Report of findings, including a Statement of Certification regarding the Funds' compliance with IRS and DOL standards, with a listing of specific areas of potential non-compliance and suggestions for improvement
- A Special Report to Fund Counsel, if needed, commenting on legal matters that seem to deviate from normal legal practices of other similar multiemployer funds
United Actuarial Services, Inc.
Director of Research
11590 North Meridian St., Suite 610
Carmel IN 46032-4529
For more information, please email UAS at firstname.lastname@example.org.